You’ve heard about avoiding certain foods for the healthiest teeth possible, but did you know that certain foods are actually good for them?Smiles’n More team of dentists in HSR Layout have compiled a list of some of the best and worst foods for your pearly whites:
- Sesame seeds – they help clean your teeth.
- Broccoli, spinach and strawberries – the Vitamin C is great for your gums.
- Dairy products – the calcium strengthens your teeth and neutralizes the acids that can hurt your enamel.
- Sweet potatoes – with their high amounts of Vitamin A, helps promote enamel formation
- Celery – kind of like nature’s floss – it can help clean between your teeth!
- Oranges and other citruses – these acidic fruits can wear down the enamel on your teeth.
- Coffee, tea and red wine – want a whiter smile? Try to limit these drinks.